Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rasakeem
Level 7

screen mirroring issue

I am having problems using the screen mirroring feature. What is particularly frustrating is the fact that for two blissful weeks this function worked perfectly for me, with no connectivity issues whatsoever. One fateful day however I installed several updates that were recommended by HP assistant. Suddenly, screen mirroring no longer works. Now every time I try to screen mirror, the TV begins the process, seeming as if it's working for about two seconds, then it freezes, often times crashing my Roku TV and forcing it back to the home menu. (also the laptop screen will "blink"once) On my laptop I will subsequently see a "could not connect" message in yellow text underneath the name of my TV. I have an HP laptop with windows 10 on it (which I purchased only a few weeks ago), and the TV is an Insignia Roku smart TV.  Please any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated as I have combed numerous forums on many different sites and cannot seem to find anything that works
0 Kudos
3 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: screen mirroring issue

Backtrack the drivers on your laptop. Could be HP released buggy drivers. Wouldn't be the first time. I found an HP driver with a keylogger buried inside it. And considering I work at a medical facility, having a log locally on the device with passwords and PHI, not good. Anyways, you've identified the change, backtrack the change.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
cristians35
Level 7

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, when I clicked on Smart View it's showing the neighbords smart tv but not my TLC tv, I have the Roku TV TCL model 55S403.
I have used the mirror 2 times, but the other times it's not on the list of the available TVs to mirror.
Is there any way to be sure that I can see it on my list of available mirror tv?
Thank you
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"cristians35" wrote:
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, when I clicked on Smart View it's showing the neighbords smart tv but not my TLC tv, I have the Roku TV TCL model 55S403.
I have used the mirror 2 times, but the other times it's not on the list of the available TVs to mirror.
Is there any way to be sure that I can see it on my list of available mirror tv?
Thank you

I can't walk you through the menu to find it, but there's a setting in there that allows or blocks remote connections. Check that to make sure it's enabled. I've mirrored my S8 to my Roku TV (Sharp) with no issues.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos