Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

screen cast / mirror cast works but not really ?

Sorry for the long post but this topic is a little hard to explain what I'm asking

Is there an app that will let you stream anything from android to roku as advertised. 

If I just browse to a video and click to watch it then click the small streamcast image at the top portion of that screen it just has the option to select my tv and nothing else. 

If I browse within the roku streamcast/mirror apps window and find a video, this also has a streamcast icon. If click a video within the searched app I can then click a streamcast icon there too and then the options for roku and others are there. However, only when using search and opening the video within the screencast browser/search engine that the app uses.

I hope this makes sense. It's sort of like an isolated search and browser built into the screencast apps that are outside of normal browsing on my phone or normal use of the twitch app etc. 

So in this case I can browse and open a video then screencast, but it's not really mirroring my android because it won't allow me to mirror apps or things that I use on my phone. For example you can't just screencast everything that I'm doing on my phone such as the twitch app and watching a video and chat window etc as you would normally. It basically only allows a casting of the actual video your watching with no other interaction allowed. 

Cannot browse in twitch to find those that you follow and open to screencast but only can search something in the screencast browser itself. 

Is there anything that will actually mirror my android as advertised ? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: screen cast / mirror cast works but not really ?

I am having same problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: screen cast / mirror cast works but not really ?

Not all devices will support screen mirroring: https://support.roku.com/article/208754928

YouTube, Netflix, Plex, and perhaps a few others support casting at the app level.

0 Kudos