Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

roku wifi receiver

my roku has been acting up since the beginning of the year. it used to see my wifi signal and reported always good signal strenght. now i practically have the wifi router next to it and still does not work perfect. how can I get a replacement Roku? who do I call or email?  Roku support website is really a joke. no where to complain and no customer service.

Thanks

marcel

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: roku wifi receiver

Please provide the Roku model number (not its name). There are too many variables to consider without knowing what player we are talking about. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@enjoy5ms wrote:

I have a Premiere (3920)

Marcel Cramer

OK, that's the same one I have. I used to use it in my den, but now it's my travel Roku so stays in my suitcase. Once we can travel again that is!

It's a single band, so it won't see a 5 GHz access point. Depending on when you got it, it might still be under warranty. Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with the serial number and your account email address and they can check for you.

Since you get a replacement in today's mail, Let's try a couple of things. First, don't put the access point *router) too close to the Roku. That can be bad as well. Let's say at least 4-5 feet away if possible. If there's no change, then let's try changing the wireless channel to something different. Your router is likely set on Auto for channel selection, but sometimes they don't choose the best one. Look at the network info on your Roku and it will tell you the channel in use. Something between 1 and 11 most likely. Change the router from Auto and choose a different one. If Auto puts you in the middle, try one of the ends. If you're already at one end, try the middle or the other end. You can't hurt anything doing this, although it will of course disconnect everything that is connected for a moment during the channel change, but they should all rejoin without an issue.

How do you change the channel? It's in your router settings, but I have no idea how you can get there. Every router has a different method of logging in, with different passwords and user names. Once you do get in, it should be under Radio or Wireless settings. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 8

Atc,

thanks for the reference. I know my Roku is only a single band 2.4.

i read that the design has its flaws and causes heat issues. That said I try to will find the 2 names you suggest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I gave up on this issue, my roku is out of warranty, and it’s just not working anymore as it use to. Even 1 foot away from the WiFi router it keeps glitching and reporting the WiFi signal is poor.  I like the Roku response to the remote control vs the amazon firestick. 
im just disappointed that the unit does not last longer than just over 1 year.

i might buy a new one, but it will be with some reservations.

0 Kudos