Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bendkjm
Level 7

roku not recognizing my 32gb micro sd card: From what I can tell roku tech help sucks.

I've tried multiple micro sd cards and none have worked and I still get that annoying message to get a card while the app's launch. Pain switching over to the firestick which is MUCH faster and user friendly. Tech support doesn't seem to be an option.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: roku not recognizing my 32gb micro sd card: From what I can tell roku tech help sucks.

You need to format the SD memory first.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
janjdavis
Level 7

Re: roku not recognizing my 32gb micro sd card: From what I can tell roku tech help sucks.

I was advised that a TOSHIBA 32 GB Class 2-10 would work just fine. I purchased the Toshiba card and installed it. It worked for a short time and then back to square one. The MicroSD card is not recognized. I have cleaned the card with alcohol and restarted the system and nothing works. I am beginning to think it is more the ROKU and not so much the card.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@janjdavis wrote:

I was advised that a TOSHIBA 32 GB Class 2-10 would work just fine. I purchased the Toshiba card and installed it. It worked for a short time and then back to square one. The MicroSD card is not recognized. I have cleaned the card with alcohol and restarted the system and nothing works. I am beginning to think it is more the ROKU and not so much the card.

Advised by whom? Roku? Or some salesman in a store? Or someone else?

Roku sells microSD cards for use in the devices that support them. They're 2 GB cards. There's a reason for that. Roku will only utilize 2 GB of the drive. Get a bigger one, and it only uses 2 GB. https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player 

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos