Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinloch
Level 7

roku no longer going to screensaver after the update

since the update 8.1.0 my roku hasn't gone to sleep mode(screen saver). please fix this

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: roku no longer going to screensaver after the update

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=44685
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"justinloch" wrote:
since the update 8.1.0 my roku hasn't gone to sleep mode(screen saver). please fix this

What are your current screensaver settings? The screensaver, the time, all related settings.

And, provide the information about your device, including model number, and any version number for any third-party screen saver, as listed in the link Shawn offered.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos

mine wont sleep either  as well as other issues that I wont bother listing  every F'ing time they update firmware there are all sorts of problems I have better things to do than beta test.

I'm done with Roku, a POS device Made by a POS company.[/color]
0 Kudos
Grand_Total
Level 7

I have the same problem, worked perfectly until the recent update.

This has been a timely reminder for me. I was about to weaken and buy a 3810 stick so that I could view the BBC's UHD trial, but then this happens and strengthens my resolve to wait for an alternative piece of hardware that will do the job.
Roku 3 (4200), now permanently back in it's box.
0 Kudos
wink57
Level 7

Temp solution until Roku fixes it, someone was putting tape over the led, and -> An easy way to solve this is go to settings -> screensaver -> choose a screensaver, or leave it on the one it's on -> click on preview
Shortly after pressing preview the screensaver comes on and the led goes off. The led on mine has now been off for over an hour after hitting preview and the screensaver is on, I chose the clock, didn't know it had that. When you're ready to use your Roku again press the home button twice - or you can back out with the left arrow <- [Side note, the led will also come back on if you change input and back to Roku input, you'll have to click on preview in screensaver again, to turn it off] Hope that helps., Wink
0 Kudos