Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Staniford
Level 7

roku logo but nothing else

I have a roku 1 that has worked for the last 3 years. This weekend turned on the tv and the roku logo came up, but that is it. I don't see any way to set the roku back to factory settings or anything else.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: roku logo but nothing else

"Staniford" wrote:
I have a roku 1 that has worked for the last 3 years. This weekend turned on the tv and the roku logo came up, but that is it. I don't see any way to set the roku back to factory settings or anything else.

There is a reset button on the bottom. Use a paper clip or something similar to hold it in for no less than 30 seconds to do a factor reset.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Staniford
Level 7

Thank you. I don't usually were glasses to read, but I should have put some on to look for the tiny pin hole. That worked; I am up and running, but curious as to why it happened. Did roku do an update that caused the problem? Because of roku's poor support, I was frustrated for four days, and about to switch to fire stick.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Staniford" wrote:
Thank you. I don't usually were glasses to read, but I should have put some on to look for the tiny pin hole. That worked; I am up and running, but curious as to why it happened. Did roku do an update that caused the problem? Because of roku's poor support, I was frustrated for four days, and about to switch to fire stick.

Don't know what the cause might be. I pulled my Roku 1 out of storage and it worked fine with the latest update.

As for support, you'll find that the entry-level devices, especially those discontinued, get less support. The Roku 1 was discontinued in 2016 and replaced in the lineup with the Roku Express (model 3700). That was replaced in 2017 by an updated Express (model 3900) with is the current entry-level Roku device.

Fire Stick is a good device. It is missing a few popular apps, but overall is a good device, if you can get used to the interface (horizontal scrolling of categories) and how it moves stuff around and doesn't always group like content (seasons of shows each have separate items).
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos