Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

"Photo TV" Screensaver Doesn't Start

Hi, I am new to Roku and have a streaming stick plus.  I am trying to set up a screensaver using my own photos and first tried the "Photos TV" channel.   I'm finding the screensaver activates perfectly when idle and within the Roku OS/menus.  However when idle within the Plex Channel the "Photos TV" screensaver will not activate.

Is this expected behaviour or a problem with the Photos TV channel ?  Anyone managed to achieve the same objective where the screensaver activates regardless of which channel you're in.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: "Photo TV" Screensaver Doesn't Start

Some channels provide their own private screensaver overriding any screensaver you have selected.  I don't know anything about Plex, but it may do that.  Also, in general no screensaver will activate over a paused video.  You'll either get a blank screen or the default Roku screensaver.

-JT

Highlighted
Level 16

Re: "Photo TV" Screensaver Doesn't Start

I'd see if there is some setting in Plex that will relinquish control when idle.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)