Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David-B
Level 7

"My feed"... perhaps properly named "no feed" for me

I have added probably 20+ things to be "followed" which supposedly show up in "my feed"?, I see nothing... when in fact there has been updates to the shows I added.

Where can I see a list of everything I am following?

Why does nothing show up in "my feed" but the few default icons for finding movies and what now?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David-B
Level 7

Re: "My feed"... perhaps properly named "no feed" for me

Sadly the lack of response sorta echos my feeling to how well and thought through and coded the Roku device/software is... 

Having no overview of what you have followed in your feed is a huge oversight.  It's like having a DVR where you can't see what program/material you have set to record without re-searching for it...  So you just need to remember everything you wan to watch and re-search and check? 

The feed not working well is a major let down as it's really the big feature of the roku; I did see one update yesterday and it was lagged/off a few days.

Otherwise this is just yet another ARM based media player...  since the other major functions are pretty sloppy and lackluster at the moment.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

I have stuff show in mine.

I don’t use the feature a lot. The lack of response from other users may indicate it’s a seldom-used feature.

Of course, not all content providers play along with the feature. Amazon does, and a few others, but not all. I could be wrong, but I think only those that show up under Search (again, not all do, and that’s the content provider’s decision, will also show under My Feed.

I’m away from my Roku, plus I’m uncertain if I’m actually following anything at the moment, but I seem to recall it showing somewhere under the My Feed section, and not hard to find at all.

I’ll look at it this evening. Someone else who actually uses the feature may log on and offer more or better information.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
David-B
Level 7

"Basil" wrote:
I have stuff show in mine.

I don’t use the feature a lot. The lack of response from other users may indicate it’s a seldom-used feature.

Of course, not all content providers play along with the feature. Amazon does, and a few others, but not all. I could be wrong, but I think only those that show up under Search (again, not all do, and that’s the content provider’s decision, will also show under My Feed.

I’m away from my Roku, plus I’m uncertain if I’m actually following anything at the moment, but I seem to recall it showing somewhere under the My Feed section, and not hard to find at all.

I’ll look at it this evening. Someone else who actually uses the feature may log on and offer more or better information.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Should be interesting to see if you find a way to list everything you are following.
IMO this is the big feature of the Roku; it keeps you up to date with what you watch on all of your services (in theory; as you mentioned it's only those whom work with the feed), otherwise it's just a media player.  Many other choices for players... 
0 Kudos