Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: "Featured Free" is missing as of last update

@AChanceFind 

No, that appears up to date. A few more questions here: 

- Where are you physically located?

- Is your device linked to a US Roku account? 

- Are you using a US internet connection, or are you trying to use a VPN of some sort? 

- As a last troubleshooting step, have you tried performing a factory reset to see if this resolves the issue? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
AChanceFind
Level 8

I am in the CA Bay Area USA. My internet  connection has not changed, the Roku is connected via ethernet directly to my gateway/router as it always has been for years. I am surprised you do not have any of this information with this new support platform already connected my to Roku account, including serial number.

I am not willing to go through the hassle of doing a factory reset over something as simple as this.

Obviously, this is some sort of bug and you have yet to even confirm you know what it is.

Other users here have already mentioned it reappeared on its own, and I believe this happened to me a while back before even 9.2. If you search these forums for "Featured Free" this has been reported a year ago  before and reboots fixed it.  

I will just wait to see if it decides to come back...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AChanceFind  Are you using a micro-SD card in your device? If so, try removing the SD card, then restart your device, and check for a system update. Does 'Featured Free' then reappear from there? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
AChanceFind
Level 8

Yes, I put in  a 16gb card in it when I got the device years ago. Its' been on 9% for years so I've never been sure if it does anything. The only thing I don't want to lose is my Angry Birds history! Smiley Wink

I tried what you suggested and pulled out the card then restarted and checked for updates and no updates were available. Featured Free still does not display. Are we expecting another build to show up as an update?  

I put the card back in and all is back the way it was (and Angry Birds history is still there!)

I was thinking are we sure anything is even broken? Perhaps Featured Free will show up again once it has a new lineup to show and does its own update on its own schedule and has just been erroneously hidden after the OS update . I swear I remember it disappeared and came back before a long time ago but not sure it that was between updates or after.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 11

Settings > Home screen > Featured Free > Show
At least that works on my 4200X - Roku 3
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AChanceFind  Thanks for the info. Please send me a private message for further help and instructions here. Upon further investigation, there are some very specific steps we'll need to go through in order to resolve this issue for you.  

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos