Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AChanceFind
Level 8

"Featured Free" is missing as of last update

I have a Roko3 4200X

As of the update to 9.2.0 build 4128-04 I no longer see "Featured Free" below the Home menu. I have tried toggling it on and off under the "Home screen" settings, and rebooting, but no effect, the menu has simply disappeared.

I feel this may have happened in the past also after an update but then it mysteriously showed up again.

Does anyone out there have any info on how the "Featured Free" menu works and if it will come back again or what if anything I can do to make it appear again.  I really liked going through the Featured Free menu!

Thanks!

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Williamt100
Level 8

Re: "Featured Free" is missing as of last update

It's gone from my Home screen as well after the last update.  

Toggling "Show/Hide" under Settings makes no difference.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

Thanks for telling us. I still have 9.1.0 and still have featured free.

I suppose updates are automatic I certainly wont do it on my own.

I have used it on occasion. I like the 'Search' option but manipulating a search is very cumbersome.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

I have 9.2.0 4128 on Premiere, it had featured free visible, hid it, it was gone, brought it back, it was there. Same thing on Roku stick +, but I had turned off, turned it on and showed on the home screen.

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 8

Yes, it's back now!

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
AChanceFind
Level 8

Thank you all for confirming the issue! My "Featured Free" still has not returned even after another toggle/reboot so now I will wait as it seems to have returned by itself for williamt100.

It would be nice for someone at Roku to chime in as this does seem like buggy behavior for a feature with its own option under settings.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

We would recommend that you try checking for a system update and restart your device to see if this resolves your issue.

As a reminder, certain features can be impacted with the use of a VPN, which would not be supported.

If the issue persists from there, please feel free to send me a private message with your device serial number and your Roku account email address and I will take a closer look.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AChanceFind
Level 8

Thank you. I have checked and there are currently no updates available for my device yet. I am on build 4128. 

I am assuming you have identified the issue and it is fixed in a later build so I should just wait for the rollout to reach my area. 

Nothing with my network has changed, I am not on any VPNs.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AChanceFind To help confirm here, did you try using the option in Settings>System>System restart to restart your Roku device, then check for a system update once more in Settings>System>About? I would also try turning the feature off and then back on once more, and repeating the steps above again. 

Please keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
AChanceFind
Level 8

Yes. I was able to get an update to build 4131  but still "Featured Free" does not appear under Home. I tried rebooting again, checking again, and still no luck.

Is there a build higher than 4131 I should be waiting for?

Thanks!

0 Kudos