Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronConnor
Level 7

"Actually, Roku Ultra does not support power controls" - Google Home

Jump to solution
This kinda ticks me off because the main menu of the roku has a power off button that really does power off the TV. Why isn't this enabled through Google Assistant? When they first introduced the Google Assistant integration, it actually worked with my Roku Streaming Stick+ until it was updated to a newer version of the OS and then it only worked on my Roku TV. I have since upgraded from the Stick+ to a Roku Ultra 2019 due to overheating issues when streaming in 4k and I love the Ultra but why hold back this feature when it worked perfectly well before?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: "Actually, Roku Ultra does not support power controls" - Google Home

Jump to solution

@AaronConnor Thanks for the note here. 

Roku TVs and Roku streaming players offer different features and functionality. The power option you referenced is a Roku TV feature that allows you to power off your TV.

See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360009649613-how-do-i-use-the-google-assistant-with-my-roku-streami...

If you're trying to turn a TV off that a Roku device is connected to, you'll need to use that TV's own features/functionality to perform that type of function. I'd recommend looking to see if that TV offers Google Assistant integration or other options for you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@AaronConnor Thanks for the note here. 

Roku TVs and Roku streaming players offer different features and functionality. The power option you referenced is a Roku TV feature that allows you to power off your TV.

See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360009649613-how-do-i-use-the-google-assistant-with-my-roku-streami...

If you're trying to turn a TV off that a Roku device is connected to, you'll need to use that TV's own features/functionality to perform that type of function. I'd recommend looking to see if that TV offers Google Assistant integration or other options for you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
krhodes90
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree, this worked for me in the past and over the last few months its been giving me the response that it doesn't support power controls. I think it's something to do with a Roku software update. Can someone please investigate further?

0 Kudos