Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product reviews??

Jump to solution

Long time customer. I want to get two new devices and need more information to decide. The Roku site notes tens of thousands of reviews rating individual product 4.x, but I cannot find any reviews at all to read before I buy. Clicking on the stars or number of reviews gets me nowhere. How do I find product reviews at the site? (I have all content blockers disabled...)

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: product reviews??

Jump to solution

When I click on the stars for products at roku.com, I'm taken to the reviews section lower down on each product's page ("customer review" is right below "tech specs", and above "compare" for each product).

Just scroll down each product's page.

Otherwise, try a different browser.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You have to allow javascript from bazaarvoice.com to run to see the reviews.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

When I click on the stars for products at roku.com, I'm taken to the reviews section lower down on each product's page ("customer review" is right below "tech specs", and above "compare" for each product).

Just scroll down each product's page.

Otherwise, try a different browser.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
tuckerdogavl
Channel Surfer

Re: product reviews?? How to?

Jump to solution

@Strega wrote:

And since the average person knows exactly how to "allow javascript to run," find the settings and make the changes, then you're all set. Right? Right. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: product reviews?? How to?

Jump to solution

Right.

Since Javascript is on by default on every recent browser I have seen, it is generally only turned off by people who "know what they're doing" either to reduce their attack surface or to reduce dancing ads, chat boxes, subscription signups, video windows etc. on websites.  Usually people in this camp just need to be reminded to undo whatever they did.

Of course, if your IT department (which might be your kid) set this up for you, then you might want to ask them.  I used to have noscript running in my Mom's browser, and it kept her from getting into trouble but she complained it took most of the fun away too.  (Like the fun of me going over because mom got stuck on a virus scam site again…) Smiley Happy