Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

power problem

Jump to solution

I recently had to replace a 19 inch tv.  The new TV has a USB port for powering the Roku.  So I plug the Roku into the USB port, and everything is fine.  Except when the TV is turned off, power to the USB port is also turned off.  Every time I turn on the tV I get the dancing Roku letters.  Then after Roku is started I need to select HULU, and go thru the rigmarole of getting live TV on HULU.

I tried running a power cable to the Roku.  With this set up when the TV starts I get terrible static on the TV and doing a system reset gets everything to normal.  I have the original Roku transformer plugged into an outlet.  I'm not sure if the power cable (with the micro male connection that plugs into the Roku device) is a Roku cable.  It could be just a cell phone charging cable.  Do you think it would matter?  Do I need a higher capacity transformer?  The newer cell phones are being supplied with 25 watt chargers.>

Obviously not an emergency it is just bugging me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: power problem

Jump to solution

I ordered an original transformer and cable.   In the meantime someone recommended trying a new hdmi cable. I looked at the back of my TV.  There are 2 hdmi ports.   I switched the cable to the other hdmi port and the static is gone.  Thanks for everyones suggestions. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Well you shouldnt be seeing static every time you turn the TV on.

When you shut it off do you leave while on your Home screen?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Yes, the wire could matter, switch it out try another. 

Edmund
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I ordered an original transformer and cable.   In the meantime someone recommended trying a new hdmi cable. I looked at the back of my TV.  There are 2 hdmi ports.   I switched the cable to the other hdmi port and the static is gone.  Thanks for everyones suggestions. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos