Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

power button ROKU Ultra 4660

Jump to solution

Hi,  I did some mistake.I can Turn my TV ON  and OFF with Raku Remote, but it does not Turn ON and OFF my Raku Ultra. I want that  both Raku receiver and connected TV goes ON and OFF  at the same times with one button . .  Any idea to fix or the reason behind it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: power button ROKU Ultra 4660

Jump to solution

Other than the Roku4, most Roku's do not power off. And even with the Roku4, it's an optional setting, and is more of a deep sleep that takes several seconds to start up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

Other than the Roku4, most Roku's do not power off. And even with the Roku4, it's an optional setting, and is more of a deep sleep that takes several seconds to start up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

What Andy said. Roku players can't be powered off. If you want it truly off, you have to unplug it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for reply. I did not find any Link when clicking on ""View solution in original post"".

Kindly provide link and solution regarding Power Button on Remote to turn on and off,at the same time with Raku and TV, please.??

0 Kudos
Level 12

Jump to solution

The Roku does not turn off with the power button on the remote.  The only way to turn off your Roku is to unplug it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku express there is no power button so you have to unplug it???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

No, you leave it powered on like the rest of us. It uses minimal amount of electricity. Just switch inputs.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just purchased my 3rd ROKU ULTRA.  This new one will not power off with the remote.  Stays on yet it powers on and off my Sharp TV.  Read previous posts on this issue and most of you say that’s the way it is; well, it’s not.  My other two ROKU ULTRAS work fine and turns itself off along with the TV and Receivers.  Any suggestions out there. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@GinainNBTX wrote:

I just purchased my 3rd ROKU ULTRA.  This new one will not power off with the remote.  Stays on yet it powers on and off my Sharp TV.  Read previous posts on this issue and most of you say that’s the way it is; well, it’s not.  My other two ROKU ULTRAS work fine and turns itself off along with the TV and Receivers.  Any suggestions out there. 

No, the Roku is never "turned off" unless you pull the power cable. They are always running in the background. I haven't touched the remote for my Ultra 4640 since yesterday, so almost 24 hours. I just pinged it across my network with an immediate response. If it were turned off when not used, it would not respond that quickly, if at all. I also just pinged my Ultra 4670, which likely hasn't been touched for several days. It too responded immediately. 

Roku players never turn "off".

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Dan.  I’ll leave it as is.  Surprisingly my other two do not work that way as the light on the front right of the box turns off when you press the power button on the remote which also powers down the tv and sound system.  

0 Kudos