Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCS54
Level 7

older units

Older units that will not "upgrade". Still work fine for some channels but crash after a few minutes with some newer channels added. If I "deactivate", reset & sell them will others be able to activate/use them? Some of these have the old rca connections that people want. I don't want them on my accounts but do not want to sell something that is unusable even though I am going to sell them cheap & explain the problems I am having with some newer stations.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: older units

Good question!  Especially since I've seen posts where people have recently tried to put an old model into service that had never been activated and had problems.  If you're planning on selling them or getting rid of them anyway, why not try it yourself and report back?  Create a new Roku account just for testing.

0 Kudos
DCS54
Level 7

Re: older units

The main reason I asked & haven't deactivated my old ones is that they still work fine with "some" channels. In particular some of the streaming music channels. Older units have rca connections which make them easier to hook up to older stereos & tv's. All the newer units are HDMI connected only so to use with older stereos & tv's one has to purchase an adapter. Normally about $25/30 for one of those. I would simply like to "know" before converting them to "doorstops" or sending them to a landfill what the options are! Obviously with some "paid subscriptions" selling them or even giving them away without deactivating them is not a smart (or legal) option.   

0 Kudos