Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucas_jim
Binge Watcher

old software downloaded into my roku ultra - fixed the problem caused by upgrade 10.5.0

Jump to solution

I had been posting about the problems which the 10.5.0 upgrade caused my Roku Ultra.  Well, today I decided to see if there was a software upgrade available which maybe fixed the problems with verion 10.5.0.  To my delight, there was a downgrade available which I immediately loaded into my Roku Ultra.  THE DOWNGRADE RESTORED MY ROKU ULTRA TO A COMPLETELY FUNCTIONAL, WORKING UNIT (LIKE IT WAS BEFORE THE UPGRADE TO 10.5).  So, thank you Roku for making the downgrade available.  Now, if you can provide a downgrade for my old Roku Stick - that would be great.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: old software downloaded into my roku ultra - fixed the problem caused by upgrade 10.5.0

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we recently resolved the issue regarding the latest OS update on select Roku Ultra devices and certain models of Roku TVs. You can find more information about these on their respective posts here:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/OS-10-5-Ultra-4660X-channel-issu...
https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/OS-10-5-Roku-TV-experiencing-loa...

If you are experiencing an issue not related to these threads, we would recommend searching the Community for a related thread or feel free to create a new one if a thread doesn't exist.

In order to avoid further confusion, we will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Lilstinks

Re: OLD SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED INTO MY ROKU ULTRA - FIXED THE PROBLEM CAUSED BY UPGRADE 10.5.0

Jump to solution

Yes, it's the older stuff that needs it.  Only one I can downgrade is on my newest device that was still working (for the most part).  Pretty much bricked my Roku 2.

0 Kudos
Ctg1

Re: OLD SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED INTO MY ROKU ULTRA - FIXED THE PROBLEM CAUSED BY UPGRADE 10.5.0

Jump to solution

How can I even go about trying to fix this when the home button on my Roku stick is completely unresponsive. 

0 Kudos
SSwanger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How and where did you find this download for older models? 

My Roku 3 isn’t working at all. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to go out and get something new. I hope you can help with this.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What is your Ultra model? You might tell us all where to find and how to install this alleged update. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Long story short, the downgrade is only temporary and one time. Your TVs and sticks will update a day or two later as they have for us all that did this. Manually checking for an update will roll back (you may have to do it under secret screen, can't remember). ONE TIME ONLY. You will be automatically updated and not allowed to go back. Unless you're going to remove your device from the internet after this, it isn't a solution. Believe me I've researched this a ton. Background is in IT. Enjoy a day or two of things being alright. Most, if not all of you will still be updated to the bugged 10.5

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: old software downloaded into my roku ultra - fixed the problem caused by upgrade 10.5.0

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we recently resolved the issue regarding the latest OS update on select Roku Ultra devices and certain models of Roku TVs. You can find more information about these on their respective posts here:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/OS-10-5-Ultra-4660X-channel-issu...
https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/OS-10-5-Roku-TV-experiencing-loa...

If you are experiencing an issue not related to these threads, we would recommend searching the Community for a related thread or feel free to create a new one if a thread doesn't exist.

In order to avoid further confusion, we will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos