Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

no search on new Roku +, USA based no vpn existing acct with two other RoKu that work fine

Just rec'd and installed a Roku + from Best Buy. Located in Tampa, FL, USA, on Spectrum internet. ISP shows Tampa USA. I used an existing ROKU account set up in California, that has two other devices on it that are still located in California.  Both have search capabilities.  I installed the new unit and let the unit upgrade. Logged into my existing account, selected types of channels  i wanted,  and 84 loaded.  Went to search for CNBC and - no search pick. 

Tried resetting ROKU stick by leaving it plugged in and holding the reset button. Re-paired remote. Still no search 

Why no search? 

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: no search on new Roku +, USA based no vpn existing acct with two other RoKu that work fine

Having same problem. Roku Express, USA no VPN. Cannot search from the home screen. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: no search on new Roku +, USA based no vpn

Just purchased Roku Premier from Best Buy in Virginia.  No Search function.  My friend purchased same model from different location. He is fine.  No VPN. What is going on?  Cannot add channel that I purchased device for without this feature. 

This is the first Roku have purchased. Just verified that my friend has same model and lot number.  He loaded his software last night.  Having spent my entire life in the software business, the inconsistency is operation is baffling. Am underwhelmed and frankly have no clue what to do other than return the device and give up since no guarantee that the next one will work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: no search on new Roku +, USA based no vpn existing acct with two other RoKu that work fine

So I tried the unit in a California location, on Spectrum and there is search. So why no search in Florida on Spectrum? Same Roku unit, same login account, different wireless router. 

whats up with this? 

0 Kudos