Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

no pictures when scrolling through Netflix or Prime video

Jump to solution

WE not longer h ave the ion pictures when scrolling through our Netflix or Amazon Prime TV shows or movies There used to a a picture of what we had watched before but now there is just a blank screen. Is this a result of recent upgrades or something else? Found nothing in the settings to rectify this issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: no pictures when scrolling through Netflix or Prime video

Jump to solution

@serysian @kdy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. It happens periodically. From the Home screen, when I select the Amazon Prime video channel, the opening sequence of images appears: Prime Video-- Contacting Amazon-- Retrieving catalog, then the page opens to display a grid of blank icons, each containing  grayed symbol of a tv. I can scroll through the grid horizontally and vertically, but all of the icons are blank, except for the tv symbol.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@serysian @kdy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello, I've just tried this with my nonfunctioning Amazon Prime channel and it does not work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Okay, your suggestion did work. I removed the channel, added it back, and then reset the device. Thanks..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have done your solution. Now I have to do it again because the same thing is happening. Is there no permanent solution? Unloading and setting it back up is a pain!

0 Kudos