Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

no audio on Disney+

Last week I opened Disney+ through my Roku stick and there was no sound. In the Roku settings/accessability/audio guide I set it to on. now I get the audio track but I also get the annoying women announcing everything on the screen. For months everything has been fine and now something has changed. I also opened Pandora and all is fine there.

5 Replies
Level 7

Re: no audio on Disney+

I am having the same issue.  Anyone else find a way to solve this?

0 Kudos
Level 11

I don't know if it will help but the Roku Media Player was having a similar problem losing audio.

a system restart seemed to resolve the issue, but did not stop the problem from reoccurring.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have been facing the same issue on my roku stick. Audio works on netflix and others but not on disney plus. I tried restarting the stick and removing and adding the channel and also checked for updates as well. Still no luck. Really weird that it is happening only on disney plus. Pretty annoying actually !! 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi, we started having this problem with our Roku and Disney+ even though the first 6 months audio  worked fine.  Our roku stick is older so my first thought was that Disney changed software interface or something because like yours others apps have sound.
After reading several forums we found a thing that worked for us.  In the Roku audio settings changed from DD+ which we think is a default to "stereo" .  Note that we do have a Bose sound bar in addition to tv audio.  Good luck.  I know it is frustrating.

0 Kudos
Level 7

While it is great that some had figured out how to work around the problem, please have Roku resolve this problem properly. I have sent an email with the problem. The more users pushing Roku, the sooner they get us a fix. We do not want to listen to Stereo sound when watching a movie with full surround sound. That's lame. Many of us also do not need the "descriptive narration" which can make sound with DD+ setting. 

0 Kudos