Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ifixvws4u

my smart phone will not see my roku premier anymore

my phone will not see my roku premier . it used to work great for the smart view mode. the phone connects to my other 3 roku devices. i have reset the roku and i have deleted all paired devices. i have also tried to connect with other phones with same result. in setting i can see that the screen mirroring is turned on. thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: my smart phone will not see my roku premier anymore

@ifixvws4u wrote:

my phone will not see my roku premier . it used to work great for the smart view mode. the phone connects to my other 3 roku devices. i have reset the roku and i have deleted all paired devices. i have also tried to connect with other phones with same result. in setting i can see that the screen mirroring is turned on. thoughts?

No model #'s or firmware versions of any/all Roku devices mentioned (these matter).

When you say you "reset the roku", do you mean you restarted the device (Settings/System/System restart) or you did a "Network connection reset" (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network connection reset) or a "Factory reset" (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory reset)?

Is the device connecting via 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? Is it connected to the same SSID as the other Roku devices? Try switching either both the Roku and or the phone(s) to the other band.

Is "Screen mirroring mode" set to prompt? (Settings/System/Screen mirroring/Screen mirroring mode)?

Are there any blocked devices? (Settings/System/Screen mirroring/Screen mirroring devices/Always blocked devices)

Is "Device connect" enabled or disabled? (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Device connect) - this must be enabled for screen mirroring.

Is "Network access" at default? (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Control by mobile apps/Network access) - make sure this is set to default.

0 Kudos