Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

modernize Roku GUI?

So heres a question I love Roku and had it  a good while I actually ditched a fire stick in favor of Roku because of the declutterd interface as opposed to amazons practices but why can we not make the GUI more modern  looking while keeping Rokus famous layout i mean despite its capabilities it does feel dated but since apple tv and Disney plus we have seen that Roku can indeed be both beautiful and functional  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: modernize Roku GUI?

What would you make different? There are themes available that can change the overall look, although the basic layout will not change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

I think Roku's creator Anthony Wood is a firm believer in keeping it simple, and that people enjoy things easy. Hence the remote control's have very few buttons. He stated in an interview how annoying it is to have a stereo remote with features for your TV & DVD player, and 100 buttons you'll never use, or buy a DVD player with channel # buttons to change your TV channel etc.

I think the interface will stay simple for some time, as it could be attributable to Roku's success. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Right point is there there is no need for it to feel dated  somthimh like the mock up from this Reddit would be amazing

https://www.reddit.com/r/UI_Design/comments/ac2x3k/roku_ui_redesign_concept/

0 Kudos