Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: mirror/cast issue

I simply never get past "Starting video from..." on any device - Android anyway.  

I don't have a Windows device to try - I am a Linux/Unix guy.  I don't feel sorry for you using Windoze (hehehe - good natured jab, I assure you).  I've not tried to mirror my PC,  but have several Android devices new and old that see my Roku, the Roku sees them, but again, I never get past 
"Starting video from..." and a connection bar that goes about 1/3 of the screen, stops, and Roku returns to the Screen Mirroring menu.

I really have no use to cast my phone to a TV, but it does bug me when something doesn't work as expected.  I'd just like to know if it's me doing something wrong, Roku is doing something wrong, or sunspots.

G'day all... Thanks in advance if you take the time to respond.

-jrt
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a Lenovo Tablet 4 8 running Android 8.1.0 and when I select Settings>Connected Devices>Cast, I see only 2 of my Roku devices (both 3600x streaming sticks), but not my new 3810x streaming stick+. Various apps see all of them when casting directly to them (although I didn't fully test, YouTube and the Roku app work). I just can't use the mirror function from my tablet to the stick+. I tried rebooting both devices and they are up to date. Any suggestions?
2 Roku Streaming Sticks (3600x)
1 Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810x)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

"pabloandnene" wrote:
I have a Lenovo Tablet 4 8 running Android 8.1.0 and when I select Settings>Connected Devices>Cast, I see only 2 of my Roku devices (both 3600x streaming sticks), but not my new 3810x streaming stick+. Various apps see all of them when casting directly to them (although I didn't fully test, YouTube and the Roku app work). I just can't use the mirror function from my tablet to the stick+. I tried rebooting both devices and they are up to date. Any suggestions?

Did you verify the setting is enabled on your Stick+?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:

Did you verify the setting is enabled on your Stick+?
thanks for the reply!

Yes, even disabled, re-enabled, set always allow, didn't see it on my tablet at all in the cast settings.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Now it's showing up after resetting my wifi router (Google WiFi 3 puck mesh). Weird.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re:screen issue

My screen keeps going to this casting thing and I will just be watching youtube and is will say ,Video & Tv cast for roku. Tap on tge video link below the browser to start casting. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP THIS TV IS ALSO NEW AND IT JUST STARTED DOING THAT TODAY

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Re:screen issue

mine is doing the SAME THING NOW !! how did you fix it ???

0 Kudos