Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

micro sd card

when i inserted the sd card my remote stopped working when i took out the sd card the remote started working again does anyone know what causes this an how to resolve this situation thanks?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: micro sd card

I had the same thing happen. One if my units has a 4gb sd card and works fine. Went to get one for my other unit and smallest could find was 16gb. It will not work with it so its running without one. I'd pay the little extra to have the roku come with one installed, if finding one yourself is hit or miss. Try a smaller capacity is my advice.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: micro sd card

I had the same issue on several Roku 3 boxes with 8 Gb SD cards. 

I found that the IR remote would start working again if I would reboot the Roku box from the software menu (warm boot). If I rebooted by disconnecting the power, it was hit or miss, mostly miss.

Knowing this, the question is "How to access the Menu if the IR remote doesn't work?"  

You can do this by using the Roku smart phone app, or by using the factory RF remote.

I hope this helps!