Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigstimpycat
Reel Rookie

loud "alarm" sound from roku box or remote

i just heard a loud "alarm" sound.  first thought it was my CO2 detector but then realized it was coming either from the roku box or the remote.  it was quite loud and constant for about 15-20 seconds & then it stopped.  any ideas?  i set up the roku about a month ago & haven't had any problems.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: loud "alarm" sound from roku box or remote

@bigstimpycat

Thanks for the post.

Which Roku model device are you using? It's possible that the Remote Finder was being triggered.

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JC262
Reel Rookie

I'm having a similar problem with a roku streambar.  Use case is hotel setting. How can I stop this from happening going forward?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JC262

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bigstimpycat
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra | Streaming Device HD/4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos, Bluetooth Streaming, and Roku Voice Remote with Headphone Jack and Personal Shortcuts, includes Premium HDMI® Cable

i don't think it was the remote finder as the remote was sitting on the table next to the box & i wasn't using it.

it has not happened since that first time so i guess it's ok.  thanks.

0 Kudos
PattyJean

I know what you mean.  I clicked on a little button on the lower right side of the box and that alarm started sounding.  It's easy to do by simply picking up the box.  But the sound was coming from the box, not the remote.  The remote was over by my chair several feet away.  Anyway it stopped after a few seconds.

0 Kudos
JC262
Reel Rookie

I was in bed and no one was anywhere near the roku streambar.  The sound was definitely coming from the streambar and not the remote and only stopped when I unplugged the stream bar.

0 Kudos
WKL

Same thing just happened to me. I was watching a show and a loud alarm started sounding. Remote was on table in front of my, untouched.  Any insight?  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@WKL

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos