Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soapstone
Level 7

is there a motion interpolation (soap opera effect) option on TCL 4k hdr tv's?

i just got the 55" TCL 4k HDR roku tv at my local costco (model 55s403), it was on sale for $370. i am totally enjoying it, but i was kinda hoping it would have the option to turn on the high frame rate, interpolation effect thing to make it look like i am watching a soap opera.

i tried looking online and i wasn't able to find anything on it. does anyone know if the option is there and i don't know where to find it? i know that it is separate from the 4k/uhd/hdr stuff cuz that happens automatically, and i know samsung tv's as well as other brands have a way to turn it off and on.

i wasn't able to find anything on it on the tcl site.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PatMike
Level 7

Re: is there a motion interpolation (soap opera effect) option on TCL 4k hdr tv's?

I can't find one. I'd like to know. It's one of the most popular TVs in the world, someone has to have an answer.

Let's bump this.
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

Re: is there a motion interpolation (soap opera effect) option on TCL 4k hdr tv's?

TCL Roku-enabled sets typically did not offer Motion Smoothing on any of their sets until this year. But, it is only available in their premium line of 6-Series sets.

TCL 6-Series Televisions
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos