Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

is my Roku 4630X outdated?

Jump to solution

is my Roku 4630X Premiere+ outdated?  Would I gain anything by getting a newer one?

Vizio TV V436-G1 4K HDR10

Samsung UBD-K8500 4K HDR Blu player (intentionally w/o Smart Hub!)

I ONLY use the Roku for streaming and particularly using stuff on Youtube, HDR, OLED, etc, picture is OUTSTANDING!!!

HDMI cables are Monster 21Gig $15,

Audio is optical from TV to LG soundbar.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: is my Roku 4630X outdated?

Jump to solution

@KrisM Thanks for the question here.

I also use a 4630X myself. To answer your question, no it is not outdated. This model supports all the current channels we offer, and 4K HDR streaming, etc.

The primary advantage you may see in a newer device would be improved performance from a newer processor, additional features that are included on some newer remotes (such as personalized voice shortcut buttons on the Roku Ultra 4670), etc. But as far as that model of device, it is still very solid overall (in my opinion). Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@KrisM Thanks for the question here.

I also use a 4630X myself. To answer your question, no it is not outdated. This model supports all the current channels we offer, and 4K HDR streaming, etc.

The primary advantage you may see in a newer device would be improved performance from a newer processor, additional features that are included on some newer remotes (such as personalized voice shortcut buttons on the Roku Ultra 4670), etc. But as far as that model of device, it is still very solid overall (in my opinion). Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

many thanks! Outstanding unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

You can always upgrade the remote. Smiley Happy

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

yeah, thanks, however I think it best to just wait and get a 4670 or some such. I can use other remotes for vol control in the meantime... I think that's the only difference.

0 Kudos