Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

imdb titles not searchable through main Roku search

Jump to solution

IMDB is a subchannel of Prime.  I guess (?) because of this, when I use the main Roku search -- usually via voice search -- it can't find IMDB titles.  Frustrating.  (Could be true of other sub-channels, too, though I haven't tried.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: imdb titles not searchable through main Roku search

Jump to solution

The search only functions on channels that grant permission for it. I've never used it, so don't know the specific restrictions on operation, but it sounds like it isn't permitted with the IMDB collection. If the "regular" area of Prime is included, but their internal sub-channels are not, that's a question for Amazon to answer. Roku doesn't have control over where it works and where it doesn't. The channel developer has to permit it to access their system. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: imdb titles not searchable through main Roku search

Jump to solution

The search only functions on channels that grant permission for it. I've never used it, so don't know the specific restrictions on operation, but it sounds like it isn't permitted with the IMDB collection. If the "regular" area of Prime is included, but their internal sub-channels are not, that's a question for Amazon to answer. Roku doesn't have control over where it works and where it doesn't. The channel developer has to permit it to access their system. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post