Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eastwest
Level 7

iPad or laptop to tv

[size=120]I have a subscription to exercise videos that I access through a browser on either my iPad or Windows 10 laptop.  Is it possible to mirror or cast these videos wirelessly to my TV through Roku Premiere+?[/size]

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: iPad or laptop to tv

While Roku does support screen mirroring, I've only done it successfully from an Android phone. It can be done with Windows 10, but has very stringent hardware requirements (not Roku requirements, but Mirrorcast) to make it work. Many people that have made it work later report it is hit or miss. For iOS devices, there are supposed to be some apps that work, but I've never tried any. 

If your laptop has an HDMI out, it would be much easier to just connect it straight to the TV.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
gkl
Level 8

Re: iPad or laptop to tv

"eastwest" wrote:
[size=120]I have a subscription to exercise videos that I access through a browser on either my iPad or Windows 10 laptop.  Is it possible to mirror or cast these videos wirelessly to my TV through Roku Premiere+?[/size]

I use iWebTV (which is available in the Roku Channel Store and the app for which is available in the Apple App Store) to watch videos using my iPhone for which their is a URL (that is, web address). I don't know if that would work for your particular videos, but it well might.
2018 and 2017 Roku Ultras, 2017 Roku Streaming Stick+, 2018 Roku Express
Mohu Sky attic antenna
First Generation Dual Tuner Tablo
HP Stream Mini (used as a media server for Plex/PlayOn/iTunes/Web)
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos