Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgparahill

hungary

I would like to buy a Roku device for Prime video with 5.1 sound. I wonder if the Roku device in Hungary supports the Prime video application? And does this device provide 5.1 sound?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: hungary

Do Roku devices support 5.1 audio on Prime Video? Yes, they do.

Will Prime work in your country? Only Amazon can answer that question. The providers determine what geographic regions their content is available, and on what devices. However, you have to be careful. Sometimes the content is available in a particular country, but not on Roku devices. Again, that is not something Roku can control. If Amazon says Prime is available in Hungary, I'm sure it is. But it might not be enabled on Roku devices there. The only sure fire way to know for sure is if someone else is already using a Roku there and getting Prime Video.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: hungary

@cgparahill wrote:

I would like to buy a Roku device for Prime video with 5.1 sound. I wonder if the Roku device in Hungary supports the Prime video application? And does this device provide 5.1 sound?

Amazon Prime Video often does not work in regions where Roku isn't officially supported. Hungary is a non-supported region, so it's highly unlikely it would work. The only way to know for certain would be for someone who has tried it to report.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos