Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djowen

how to Customize the Live TV Channel Guide in Roku 10

My Roku ultra (4660x) updated to 10. Roku says that "With Roku OS 10, you can now hide individual channels" on the Live TV channel guide. How? I can't figure out how to hide channels in the guide.

17 REPLIES 17
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: how to Customize the Live TV Channel Guide in Roku 10

I've not been able to find that either. If that's a feature that will require 10.0 to be fully rolled out, or if it's simply not working, I don't know. Perhaps @RokuDanny-R can help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Persephone
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same problem with my 2 TCL Roku TVs. I've long wanted to be able to hide the Live TV Roku streaming channels that I don't want to watch. My Roku TVs were updated to OS 10 in mid May, but I still can't do this. My only option seems to be "Hide All Streaming Channels", which is not what I want.

MBK88
Channel Surfer

I have a Roku Ultra LT and if I am following what you all want to do, here are the steps.

Go to the Roku Home Screen.

Press the remote’s right arrow. The first streaming app should be highlighted. Now arrow to the app you want to remove.

Press the remote’s * button. A new menu will come up. In this menu is a Remove Channel choice. Arrow to that choice and press the OK button.

In this same menu, there is a Move Channel choice. This allows you to move the channels around to your liking.

Again, I hope this is what you all want to do. I’m not sure if the Roku TV works this way.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@MBK88 wrote:

I have a Roku Ultra LT and if I am following what you all want to do, here are the steps.

Go to the Roku Home Screen.

Press the remote’s right arrow. The first streaming app should be highlighted. Now arrow to the app you want to remove.

Press the remote’s * button. A new menu will come up. In this menu is a Remove Channel choice. Arrow to that choice and press the OK button.

In this same menu, there is a Move Channel choice. This allows you to move the channels around to your liking.

Again, I hope this is what you all want to do. I’m not sure if the Roku TV works this way.

That is indeed how to arrange the apps on the Home Screen. However, the question relates to a feature related to a Live TV Channel Guide that was announced by Roku:

Customizing the Live TV Channel Guide – The Live TV Channel Guide makes it easy to discover and watch free live TV on your Roku device, and includes more than 165+ live options from The Roku Channel. With Roku OS 10, you can now hide individual channels as well as add channels to a favorites list within the Live TV Channel Guide. Quickly switch between guide views to see your favorites, recently visited, or all channels.

However, the only options I can find for the Live TV Channel Guide in The Roku Channel is for Recents and All Channels, while the annoucement also mentiones Favorites.. That's the issue. I'm still hoping @RokuDanny-R will weigh in.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that note all of the features related to the newest OS 10.0 may not be readily available.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Eze1
Reel Rookie

"Customizing the Live TV Channel Guide" feature not available in my TCL Roku TV

I am in the very latest Roku OS 10 version and my live tv channel guide still does not have the feature to customize the line up. I already attempted everything including a factory reset. Please help..

I am NOT getting the features shown in this video about the Live TV guide customization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlUHmLOgIBo

Roku TV 7111X

TCL model 55S401

Serial Number YN00Y2025469

Software Version 10.0.0 build 4209-30

Device ID CN682Y02546
20210714_165303_HDR.jpg

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: "Customizing the Live TV Channel Guide" feature not available in my TCL Roku TV

@Eze1
Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? When on the screen in the picture showed, are you able to scroll left or right to change the "Switch guide to" options?

For more information about using the live TV guide, visit our Support page here: How do I find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eze1
Reel Rookie

Re: "Customizing the Live TV Channel Guide" feature not available in my TCL Roku TV

In a nutshell... I am NOT getting the features to customize the Live TV guide shown in this video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlUHmLOgIBo

I am NOT getting this feature:roku.jpg

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Eze1

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that some of the features of the latest OS have not been released yet and will be available in future updates.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator