Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaquino44
Reel Rookie

home screen navigation and theme problem

So I just got this Roku a couple weeks ago and it was working fine. I had the romantic theme on and the other night I used the Roku app on my phone as a remote.

yesterday there was an update to the device. since the update my theme is "gone" the background is black but the sounds made are the same. there is a problem scrolling around where it's not highlighting my position anywhere making it difficult to navigate. I have tried reverting my theme to no success. I have also restarted to no success. when I use apps for streaming navigation is fine, it just seems to be the homepage where I cannot tell where I am. apparently there is no direct support for my device but this is Really confusing for my sensory needs. please help. thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: home screen navigation and theme problem

If you got it you can return it. Where did you buy it from? What is the model number?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: home screen navigation and theme problem

@gaquino44

Thanks for the post.

Roku customers who were experiencing the same issue had stated that they were able to resolve the issue by checking for a manual update and then restarting their Roku device. Have you tried this troubleshooting step?

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos