Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhuberty2022
Reel Rookie

help sdcards wont work in my roku ultra

i have tried multiple sdcards in my roku ultra. the most recent being 16gb in size.

i pre format on my laptop then insert into my roku ultra.

the roku ultra reconizes the sdcard and asks if i want to format it. i say yes and all appears to be fine.

however within 4 to 5 days the roku ultra changes the sdcard to read only and nothing can be written to it. it cannot be reformatted. have tried multiple programs on my laptop to change the flag and nothing works. have to buy a new sdcard each time.

really getting old not to mention expensive.

if anyone else has run into this problem would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.

Daniel

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: help sdcards wont work in my roku ultra

What exactly happens after 4 to 5 days that makes you put it back into your laptop?  Once you insert the card into your Ultra you should just leave it there.  Are you getting some error message from your Roku?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dhuberty2022
Reel Rookie

The Roku ultra after approximately 4 days use will pop up with message saying sdcard detected. And ask to format. If I try to format it it errors out.  At that point I insert into my laptop 

It says read only. Nothing I try will change it. Basically it has become a throw away sdcard.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That's weird.  I wonder if something is zapping the card.  Do you get thunderstorms every four days or so?  Smiley Happy

Have you tried one of the specialty formatters like https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/ ?  There's also an old one out there by Panasonic (search for Panasonic SD formatter).

It's not a fix, but you could always just leave the card out.  It will just download the channels/apps as it needs them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dhuberty2022
Reel Rookie

Nope, just tons of rain during rainy season. (I'm 2 hours from Seattle)

0 Kudos