Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hcret
Reel Rookie

features available when using roku to replace Xfinity cable tv boxes

Jump to solution

Will be purchasing several Roku devices or TVs to end equipment rental fees with my cable provider and employing the Xfinity Stream App.

Are there any settings to mirror/mimic the HD/DVR/Pause and Recording features in my cable tv plan?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: features available when using roku to replace Xfinity cable tv boxes

Jump to solution

@hcret

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku devices do not have recording features. For specific information about what functionality the Xfinity Stream app has, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@hcret

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku devices do not have recording features. For specific information about what functionality the Xfinity Stream app has, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hcret
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

appreciate everyone taking time to answer, but I was asking if anyone knew of settings on a Roku device I could employ to mimic what I see now through my cable provider. After finding this below on the Roku blog, I thought maybe someone had tried and succeeded with something similar. Thanks for your time.

Do Roku devices have DVR capabilities?

Roku device hardware does have DVR functionality, but several streaming services on the Roku platform offer a cloud DVR, allowing you to record movies and TV shows and watch them on-demand.

Currently there are seven cable alternatives that offer a cloud DVR on Roku players and Roku TVs. They all have free trials, so give them a try to make sure they meet your recording needs

0 Kudos