Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abcouchey
Level 7

embeded srt subtitles

I have been trying to get embeded subtitles to work on roku ultimate but i cannot seam to make it work.  I am ripping dvd and i used ocr to translate the subtitles to srt files placed it into the .mkv container and it still does not work on roku.  i tried removing all other subtitle files and the subtitles work on vlc and wmp but not on roku.  anyone have any ideas or advice?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: embeded srt subtitles

"abcouchey" wrote:
I have been trying to get embeded subtitles to work on roku ultimate but i cannot seam to make it work.  I am ripping dvd and i used ocr to translate the subtitles to srt files placed it into the .mkv container and it still does not work on roku.  i tried removing all other subtitle files and the subtitles work on vlc and wmp but not on roku.  anyone have any ideas or advice?

I assume you mean Roku Ultra? If so, which model number? And you are using Roku Media Player, right?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

Re: embeded srt subtitles

"abcouchey" wrote:

Have you tried including an external copy of the SRT file named identical to the video file name as an option?
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos