Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

differences between 3810R and 3810X

What is the difference between the 3810R and 3810X?  I am considering ROKU but also would like to stream Xfinity Beta and it says it works with the 3910R but only find the 3810X for purchase.  Will the X stream Xfinity?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: differences between 3810R and 3810X

The letter suffix only describes the marketing channel that particular device was sold through. R is retail, I'm uncertain what the X is, and there are some with W that were sold through Walmart. I believe the ones sold in Europe have EU as the suffix, and of course comes with a 220v wall plug with the proper pin arrangement.

As far as the hardware goes, and 3810 is a 3810. No difference at all. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: differences between 3810R and 3810X

The Roku itself without accessories carries the X in the model number now. Where the Roku, its accessories, and the box it came carry R suffix. It use to be that the X was for on-line purchases and the R retail in a brick & mortar store. No differences in the Roku themselves between suffixes. 

Edmund
0 Kudos