Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccobb17
Level 7

differences between 3810R and 3810X

What is the difference between the 3810R and 3810X?  I am considering ROKU but also would like to stream Xfinity Beta and it says it works with the 3910R but only find the 3810X for purchase.  Will the X stream Xfinity?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: differences between 3810R and 3810X

The letter suffix only describes the marketing channel that particular device was sold through. R is retail, I'm uncertain what the X is, and there are some with W that were sold through Walmart. I believe the ones sold in Europe have EU as the suffix, and of course comes with a 220v wall plug with the proper pin arrangement.

As far as the hardware goes, and 3810 is a 3810. No difference at all. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

The Roku itself without accessories carries the X in the model number now. Where the Roku, its accessories, and the box it came carry R suffix. It use to be that the X was for on-line purchases and the R retail in a brick & mortar store. No differences in the Roku themselves between suffixes. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
RussF
Level 7

I am not sure that this is true.  Amazon Prime Video recently added the ability for multiple user accounts.  I have a 3810R and a 3810X.  The 3810X recognizes the multiple accounts, but the 3810R does not.  I have upfataed the firmware, signed out and relogged into the Prime Video acounts on both and still get the same result.  I have no idea if other treaming services have a similar issue, but the 3810R and the 3810X DO NOT act the same on Prime Video.

0 Kudos
renojim

Are the channels on each device the same version?  Highlight the channel on the home screen and press the * button on the remote to check the version numbers.

0 Kudos
Showgundavis
Level 7

Hey I am just curious if you found out about this answer. I currently have the x model but I’m not sure if the r model will work w the xfinity streaming beta with the voice command this is driving me crazy!!! I just want to use voice command through my smart tv so I can get rid of all my frikin Comcast boxes!!!!

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Showgundavis wrote:

Hey I am just curious if you found out about this answer. I currently have the x model but I’m not sure if the r model will work w the xfinity streaming beta with the voice command this is driving me crazy!!! I just want to use voice command through my smart tv so I can get rid of all my frikin Comcast boxes!!!!

No, there's no hardware difference between an R and X model. The remote might have different providers programmed on the four buttons, but the Roku itself will perform exactly the same. 

Dan

0 Kudos
planez12
Level 8

I purchased 2 of the 3810X purchased in late 2019 early 2020 from AAFES. I compared it with my Roku Ultra 4660RW which I purchased in 2018 and they’re both the same as far as performance. I compared both model numbers online. The ONLY difference I found was the 4660RW has an option for Ethernet cable and also has SD Card. They both work great. The 3810X and my new 2020 Ultra has Movie Store by  Fandango and 4660RW Ultra has Movie Store by VUDU. Works for me I have accounts for both. 

0 Kudos