Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mafrael

developer settings don’t work on 10.5

Hi, my tv did the autoupdate to 10.5 and now the developer mode doesn't work anymore,

when I do the factory reset it’s work, but when I connect the tv to the internet, my tv start the update automatically and no work more 

please help me!! 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: developer settings don’t work on 10.5

Are you really a developer or are you trying to sideload something you downloaded from the Internet?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Mafrael

I’m not “really developer”, but yes I’m a software developrr, and yes I’m trying to sideload something,What does that mean?  

0 Kudos
renojim

If you're trying to sideload something that wouldn't be allowed in the Roku Channel Store because it violates their Terms of Service (e.g., something supporting piracy) then your device has had its developer mode permanently disabled.

Gary-94080
Roku Guru

strange.  there are press releases that OS 11 will be starting its rollout and some are still getting 10.5?

0 Kudos
renojim

@Gary-94080, there's nothing strange about that and it has nothing to do with the OP's issue.  Rollouts can and do take months.

0 Kudos
Gary-94080
Roku Guru

@renojim wrote:

@Gary-94080, there's nothing strange about that and it has nothing to do with the OP's issue.  Rollouts can and do take months.

I didn't say that it had anything to do with the posters issue.

I just thought it was strange that OS 11 was rolling out and Roku has not yet fully implemented OS 10.5.

0 Kudos