Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barny
Level 8

deactivating roku 3

Jump to solution

After buying a Roku Streambar for myself, I would like to give my Roku 3 to my son, do I need to deactivate it first before I send it to him and if I do how would I do that.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: deactivating roku 3

Jump to solution

To wipe all setup and account information from the Roku 3, do a factory reset (Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset).  

If it's already disconnected from the tv such that you can't see its menus, while it's powered on, locate the unit's Reset button (it may be behind a pinhole that you'll need something like the end of a paperclip to reach).  Press and hold the reset for 10 or more seconds.  I don't know about the Roku 3 but the indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

Barny
Level 8

Jump to solution

OK thank you, I connected it up again and then did a factory reset so I think it is OK to send it to him now. He can then set it for his own use.. My stream bar is still working OK so at least I didn't wipe that off.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

To wipe all setup and account information from the Roku 3, do a factory reset (Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset).  

If it's already disconnected from the tv such that you can't see its menus, while it's powered on, locate the unit's Reset button (it may be behind a pinhole that you'll need something like the end of a paperclip to reach).  Press and hold the reset for 10 or more seconds.  I don't know about the Roku 3 but the indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

Barny
Level 8

Jump to solution

OK thank you, I connected it up again and then did a factory reset so I think it is OK to send it to him now. He can then set it for his own use.. My stream bar is still working OK so at least I didn't wipe that off.

0 Kudos