Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cord cutting via Roku? Casting issue

Hey folks. 'Mornin. I'm having a bit of an issue and haven't been able to find an appropriate thread anywhere, hope someone can help before I start making YouTube videos of my Roku expess destruction....

So I just moved to this state temporarily, and already my new internet prvider double charged my account, and then decided to credit everything back to the card...following a 2 week hold by my bankm. So in addition to loosing internet, I also lost cell phone, and by default my new job. Then my laptop motherboard dies , and ordering a new one from AliExpress...they never even seen a confirmation to my aunt. Just charged her card and POOF --nothig. So I'm sitting here bored, hoping to use this Roku I got for my bday. To setup, had to rent a room for a night that had wifi and a TV. All went well. Brought it home and connected to dlp TV....and TV lamp blows. Replaced that and cleaned it out. 8 hour job. Turned it on and it worked, but in 8 hours of work now Roku says I need to redownload the Roku Cast something or anotger. It just updated itself 8 hours ago! Now....TV blows again.

Gah!!!!!!! Point is, I have no internet now , but can drive to hotapot at McDonald's (there now), but without a laptop or TV. Isnt there some way to spoon feed this POS so I can watch movies from my phone? I literally have no other option, and if God will quit having FUN, Id like to hear something other than my own voice in the house.

Can I bypass the warning? Using a internet less router so phone and ready by are connected same network. Just, I can't DO Anything because updates aparently come like fastballs. I wonder whatever happened to doing software right the first I'm, and releasing. New one in 2 years? Arg!

I'd appreciate any helpful commebts or input. If you're gonna be a jerk, though, keep it to yourself. There's always that one guy who wasted an hour of his life writing an essay on why you should have bought better stuff to begin with
0 Kudos
1 Reply
twiceover
Level 10

Re: cord cutting via Roku? Casting issue

Have no idea what Rokucast is.  Not sure if your Express+ supports Mirracast, if so you might be able to use that to mirror your phone screen to the TV.  Look through the settings for the display mirror function.
0 Kudos