Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant seem to get roku os 10 had it one time now i cant get it back

cant get ROKU OS 10 cant get it back

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: cant seem to get roku os 10 had it one time now i cant get it back

I've never heard of a Roku reverting firmware versions on its own, so there must be something you're not telling us.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

I still have one player (4670) that hasn't received 10.0. While Roku has rolled software back after installing it on a device, it's extremely rare and I think we'd have heard about it happening now.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

3 of my Rokus were (automatically) reverted from 10.0.0-4165 to 9.4.0-4210 after being manually updated to OS10 after it was initially made available but before the official announcement.

A fourth that I manually updated to 10, then manually reverted to 9.4 a day later, was unable to manually update to 10 again until a newer build of 10 was released weeks later.

This was the first time either of those two behaviors was observed.

0 Kudos
renojim

That's interesting!  I would assume if it reverted on its own then Roku must have discovered a problem and pulled the update.  Once it was fixed then the new update was offered.  Manually updating may have played a part.  If that is the OP's problem then there's nothing to do until Roku comes out with an update that fixes whatever the problem was.

As @atc98092 mentioned, I do recall a rollback happening a long time ago, but as I recall that was a major issue that affected just about everybody and/or one of their major partners (i.e., Netflix).

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

I think they released 10 into the wild prematurely in early April.  A few non-beta-testers reported receiving it here when it was still supposed to be in beta test mode.  I know I was visiting a friend with an old 3500 Roku stick, definitely not a beta tester, and was surprised he had version 10.  The very next day it had reverted to 9.4.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
atc98092

Yeah, I think they did roll out 10.0 prematurely to some devices. I wasn't aware they had rolled those devices back. As I mentioned, I still don't have 10.0 on my 4670, although my Premiere and the other Ultras do have it. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.