Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

cannot add or delete favorites after last update in January.

Why do companies take a product which works just fine and mess it up with an update that changes everything and gives the consumer grief?    I have 4 players and now I can't get any of them to work correctly.  Big disappointment.  Do not like spending my time struggling to fix issues.

Now I have no option to add channels to or from my favorites list.  When the update happened, it took channels away from my favorites so now I have to go to all channels to get them.  The 4 channels I watch the most are miles away from each other but I have to scroll through all channels every day.  Hate it. 

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: cannot add or delete favorites after last update in January.

I'm assuming you are referring to a Roku TV. Unfortunately, they made that change to the Favorites quite a while ago, and many, many people have complained about it. So far, no success getting Roku to again make Favorites a manual configuration item. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I was wondering the same thing.  We have Xfinity for cable and I had previously set many favorite channels but can no longer remember how to do it.  I have searched topics to mo avail.  I guess this is what the above person is asking about.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Gadkill wrote:

I was wondering the same thing.  We have Xfinity for cable and I had previously set many favorite channels but can no longer remember how to do it.  I have searched topics to mo avail.  I guess this is what the above person is asking about.

Yep, it's now impossible to manually set a channel as a favorite. I can't imagine why they removed it, but they did. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.