Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBATXUSER
Channel Surfer

Re: bouncing roku icon, cannot power up or turn off

Buying a new unit every 6 months is not ideal. But yeah, thanks for nothing.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

A new Roku every 6 months? I think not. I have 6 Roku devices. 3 Roku Streaming Stick+, 1 Roku Ultra and 2 TCL Roku TV's. My Sticks and Ultra are about 4 years old and running strong. I have all of them plugged into a surge protector including my TV's. If you want it covered under warranty then chat or email them. But if you do not want to wait then buy a new one. It's not like they are expensive. 

0 Kudos
CBATXUSER
Channel Surfer

THERE IS NO EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE TO REACH A PERSON. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @loonymike @CBATXUSER

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. 

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Of course there is. You obviously did not try the Roku Support page. Select other or warranty. It's all right in front of you. Support optionsSupport options

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@CBATXUSER     Capture 2.PNG

0 Kudos
CBATXUSER
Channel Surfer

THANK YOU!

It is connected to the tv via the USB and wall plug. I had a message that batteries were low and changed the batteries in the unit. Have not had an issue in the 6 months since I purchased it. Now I cannot get past the bouncing logo.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@CBATXUSER

Appreciate the prompt response.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CBATXUSER
Channel Surfer

It is an Express 4K+, SN: SO7P2169W5KG, Model 3941X

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@CBATXUSER

Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos