Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loonymike
Reel Rookie

bouncing roku icon, cannot power up or turn off

I purchased a roku express 4k+, set it up and had been running good until yesterday. now all i get is a bouncing Roku icon. cannot powerup or turn off with remote. never activated the voice. just used the remote. have followed instructions to a T same result. please help. we listen to music every day.

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: bouncing roku icon, cannot power up or turn off

Have you tried unplugging it for 60 se then plugging it back in?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@loonymike-

I'm not really sure this applies to you since you say you are seeing the bouncing letter startup screen, but just in case, should powering down and back up get you to where you can operate ...

Roku operating system version 10.5 added added a new "Power" item in the "Settings > System" menu for some of the latest Roku models. The new "Auto power savings" item there will put your Roku device into a low power standby condition after a period of inactivity, such as when your tv has been turned off for a while.

Pressing a Roku control key on your Roku Express 4K+ remote (not Power, Volume, or Mute which act on the TV, not the Roku) should bring the Roku out of low power standby and back to full operation. Pulling the power for a few seconds to restart the Roku will also restore full operation when the Roku finishes booting back up.

If you have a "Settings > System > Power" menu item, deactivating any power saving options you find under "Auto power savings" will prevent your Roku from going into low power standby in the first place.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
CBATXUSER
Channel Surfer

I am having the exact same issue as of yesterday but cannot get beyond that bouncing logo. I have changed batteries, unplugged for hours and tried everything I can find online (press home 5 times followed by other keys once and twice). And still, all I get is the bouncing logo which never gets to the main screen. I cannot get to the settings either. HELP!! 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Which model Roku do you have? How old is it? 

0 Kudos
CBATXUSER
Channel Surfer

Express 4K Model 3941X and about 6 months old. 

0 Kudos
CBATXUSER
Channel Surfer

I found another message on here where someone had the same issue but they didn't post whether or not it got fixed. This is extremely annoying. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Then email support or chat with them. Where did you buy it from? Did you get an extended warranty? The Express 3941X is on sale for $29.99 at Best Buy or from Roku. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

It's not annoying. If you want a new one under warranty then chat or email Roku. But if I were you for a mere $30 you can buy another one. 

0 Kudos
CBATXUSER
Channel Surfer

Have you got an email or chat link handy? I cannot seem to find anything on here to reach a person. Thanks!

0 Kudos