Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krth101
Streaming Star

best non HDMI roku item for older TV

for an older Tv with only RCA jack connections - which need an HDMI adaptor , what ROKU device would work best?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
krth101
Streaming Star

Re: best non HDMI roku item for older TV

would this item work on an older tv? this is a 2016 ve

Roku Express+ HD 1080p Digital Streaming Media Player, 3910RW

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yep, there is no current Roku model with analog outputs. The last model they sold with them was the Roku Express+ (3910) released in Oct 2017, so already getting a little old. Unfortunately, no one else sells a player with analog outputs any more either. You might find a generic Android player online with analog outputs, but it won't be as easy to set up and use as a Roku. 

Some users have had success using an HDMI to analog converter box, but it seems to be dependent on the converter how well it works. If your TV isn't widescreen (16:9), the converter must letterbox the output, and not all do it well, if at all. Unfortunately, I have no idea what to recommend to try if you decide to go in that direction. And depending on the size of your TV it might not cost that much more to simply buy a TV with HDMI inputs. But those are questions only you can answer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
krth101
Streaming Star

Thank you for the feedback. I was able to find a model 3910 2017 version. Even though it is an older version, will that work by simply plugging it in and play? No other steps or equipment needed? Thanks again for the response.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, it should be a simple plug and play. I've never used a Roku with analog outputs, so can't speak to exactly how the configuration screens will appear. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos