Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cavemanmike
Level 8

Zombie Roku device on my network

I had a RokuTV named "RokuTV" on my network. Recently decided to instead use the Roku Streaming Stick. I reset the RokuTV back to factory defaults and didn't tell it any WiFi info, and instead setup the Streaming Stick, it's named "Roku Streaming Stick+". I've setup my network with separate VLANs as described here: Basically the TV is on a separate VLAN with igmp-proxy on and some holes in the firewall. It was working well, except when I pull up the YouTube app on any of my devices I see two devices to cast to, RokuTV and Roku Streaming Stick+. I can confirm that the RokuTV is unconfigured and in the Unifi Network controller there is no device with that name that has an IP address.

I've restart the app, restarted the phone and it's still there. If I go to another WiFi network the 'RokuTV' entry disappears. Note that if I open the Roku remote app and search for devices, I do NOT see an entry for "RokuTV", only for the Roku Stick.

Any idea where this is coming from?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
cavemanmike
Level 8

Re: Zombie Roku device on my network

Fixed this by re-installing the YouTube app. It must've had some cache issue/

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Zombie Roku device on my network

Thanks for reporting back.   So often we're left hanging and anybody searching for a solution to the same problem gets no help.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos