Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbates

Youtube "Who's Watching" screen

Jump to solution

When I log on to the Youtube app, it prompts with a "Who's Watching?" screen, that must be selected. Would like to bypass this, since I am always the one who is watching.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube "Who's Watching" screen

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @daddy1947!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be more than happy to be of assistance here.

Since this is a feature inside a standalone channel, it would be highly effective to directly reach out to the channel provider themselves which in this case, YouTube's Support website, and let them know about the 'Who's Watching' feature you've been seeing on your screen. 

Please be also aware that they are the ones who maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

Aside from this, if you need further clarification or assistance in any way, please let us know as we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
ese33

Jump to solution

For the love of god please someone figure out how to add this as a feature to Roku vs having to go through the app services. I figured it out for Amazon Prime -  because I only have one subscription I was able to delete the "kids" one and now I don't get prompted. But I do share a Netflix so I can't get rid of it there. And I can not find any help or direction on how to fix it for youtube anywhere. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ese33,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
mtehonica

Jump to solution

Did anyone ever figure this out?  It's pretty annoying to be able to deeplink to content automatically but still have to manually choose the one and only YouTube account on the "who's watching" screen.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @mtehonica

I hope you're doing well.

As previously mentioned in @RokuMary-F's post above, channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to YouTube's customer support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their app that may resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
daddy1947

Jump to solution

I have a question in a similar vein.  I have a bunch of accounts on my Who's Watching screen.

Does anyone know how to remove any of them?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @daddy1947!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be more than happy to be of assistance here.

Since this is a feature inside a standalone channel, it would be highly effective to directly reach out to the channel provider themselves which in this case, YouTube's Support website, and let them know about the 'Who's Watching' feature you've been seeing on your screen. 

Please be also aware that they are the ones who maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

Aside from this, if you need further clarification or assistance in any way, please let us know as we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos