Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cku
Level 7

Youtube app showing wrong premiere time

Jump to solution

I'm in the eastern time zone but the premire seems to be set at gmt. How do I fix this. I have the onn roku tv

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Youtube app showing wrong premiere time

Jump to solution

Hi @Teguman,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please be noted that Roku devices automatically set the time zone for your Roku device.

To change the time zone from the main Roku settings, please follow these simple steps:

1. Press the Home button home button on roku remote on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System, and then Time.
  4. Select Time zone.
  5. Choose between Set automatically and Set manually. If you select Set manually, choose your time zone from the list.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I change the format of the clock? | Official Roku Support

However, if the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Many thanks,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
Duttin
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same issue on TCL Roku TV. My time zone is Eastern,  I have set manually and automatically,  no matter what it says the wrong time in YouTube. The YouTube app seems to be using GMT.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Is your Google account set to the correct time zone? https://accounts.google.com/

Are your YouTube account settings using the correct time zone? (There may not be a separate setting for this, with recent updates to YouTube, but I would still check just in case.)

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Teguman
Level 8

Jump to solution

I use the Roku Premier Box and my YouTube app is 4 hours ahead ( I'm in the eastern time zone). When the clocks go back in the Fall it will be 5 hours ahead. I have no idea how to fix that or if it's just the way it is.

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Teguman,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please be noted that Roku devices automatically set the time zone for your Roku device.

To change the time zone from the main Roku settings, please follow these simple steps:

1. Press the Home button home button on roku remote on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System, and then Time.
  4. Select Time zone.
  5. Choose between Set automatically and Set manually. If you select Set manually, choose your time zone from the list.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I change the format of the clock? | Official Roku Support

However, if the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
hoobabooba
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here, i have my time zone set correctly in both roku settings and on youtube but the roku app loves to show the time 5 hours ahead no matter what, it's either a problem with the youtube roku app itself or with roku because my time zone is correct if i use youtube itself anywhere else

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @hoobabooba,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about changing the time zone on Roku settings: How do I change the format of the clock? | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos