Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seabeecm27
Reel Rookie

YouTubeTv and YouTube

Jump to solution

Roku removed all YouTube app usage because of a dispute. Now we have to suffer,  thanks Roku 🤬🤬🤬😠. You said to remove app restart tv and reinstall. You didn't mention the fact you have removed the apps from the channels . 🤬🤬🤬. Now my Sharp Roku Smart tv is as 🤬 dumb as your company.  Definitely will be buying other brands. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTubeTv and YouTube

Jump to solution

Look for Youtube TV in the regular Youtube channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Look for Youtube TV in the regular Youtube channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bodicafire

Jump to solution

The regular YouTube channel is no longer playing on Roku either.   They have completely stopped supporting it.  Time to sell and get a new TV that won't do this.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bodicafire wrote:

The regular YouTube channel is no longer playing on Roku either.   They have completely stopped supporting it.  Time to sell and get a new TV that won't do this.

Thats false on all accounts - the YT app is available, plays properly, and is still supported.

If you're having trouble with loading/playing content with the YT app, that's related to the OS10/YT app updates, and not the YT TV carriage dispute:

Known solutions/workarounds for the YT app not loading/streaming:

1) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

2) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

3) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

4) Remove YT app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/Power/System restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!, Add YT app - try again

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku TV for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

0 Kudos
Smushball
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to install two new Roku devices and each successfully downloaded the YoutubeTV app since I already have it installed on other roku devices in the house. 

I mention this as we know if you delete the app, you can't get it back.  However, if you have an issue and must reinstall YTV, it may be a better solution to do a full factory reset on the Roku.  You have to re-login to all the other apps (amazon, spotify, etc), but at least it's a solution while Roku and Google act like two little spoiled children.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Smushball wrote:

I was able to install two new Roku devices and each successfully downloaded the YoutubeTV app since I already have it installed on other roku devices in the house. 

I mention this as we know if you delete the app, you can't get it back.  However, if you have an issue and must reinstall YTV, it may be a better solution to do a full factory reset on the Roku.  You have to re-login to all the other apps (amazon, spotify, etc), but at least it's a solution while Roku and Google act like two little spoiled children.

This is good feedback about the YT TV app and is also true for the Spectrum app (factory resets will re-install the app again). 

This is the case because apps are account-associated not device-associated - as long as the app is still installed to the account, it will download to all devices associated with the account (assuming the model is app qualified).  This account-association is what allows one to go to the Roku Channelstore and install an app - and it will install to all the (model qualified) devices on the account.

Factory resetting is a pain, but it works as a troubleshooting tool in many cases that otherwise arent solvable.

0 Kudos