Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJ4TV
Channel Surfer

YouTube playback speed

Jump to solution

Would you please consider adding the playback speed feature to the YouTube channel. Like it is on the Android mobile version of YouTube. Thank you, Chris 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube playback speed

Jump to solution
YouTube is the one that creates, provides, and maintains their Roku channel app. Roku just provides the platform to run it on. You should take your request to YouTube.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
makaiguy

Jump to solution
YouTube is the one that creates, provides, and maintains their Roku channel app. Roku just provides the platform to run it on. You should take your request to YouTube.
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@makaiguy wrote:
You should take your request to YouTube.

And I'm sure they will get right on that. Smiley Tongue

makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Psilobite wrote:

@makaiguy wrote:
You should take your request to YouTube.

And I'm sure they will get right on that. Smiley Tongue

Me too.  But whether they do or not, they're the only ones that can do anything about it.

CJ4TV
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I sent YouTube a feedback about play back speed. Let's see what happens. Thank you, for idea. 

dandan14
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Seems like the prevailing thought is that this has to be enabled by the app.  But I'm not sure that is the case.  Why couldn't there be a master setting, similar to the hidden bitrate menu, that sets the playback speed on all video at 1.25, 1.5, 1.75x, etc?  If that were the case, it would be transparent to the apps, and just do it at the system level.

Tassini
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can play in 2x in LG TVs, Android, Windows, Amazon Fire But not in Roku. It's easy for Roku to say that is a problem from Google, but I will not buy any other Roku products because ONLY them does not deliver the experience I expect. 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Tassini wrote:

I can play in 2x in LG TVs, Android, Windows, Amazon Fire But not in Roku. It's easy for Roku to say that is a problem from Google, but I will not buy any other Roku products because ONLY them does not deliver the experience I expect. 

FYI, the YT app for 4K/HDR-capable Rokus is now Speed enabled (.25x to 2X), so if you have a 4K/HDR model you should be able to use the Speed setting.

Yfy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku doesn’t bother to update their software often enough. On my 4200x Roku 3 there’s been no update since June. 

software version 10.0.0, build:4209

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

"FYI, the YT app for 4K/HDR-capable Rokus is now Speed enabled (.25x to 2X), so if you have a 4K/HDR model you should be able to use the Speed setting."

Not for me.  I have a 4K-capable Roku and I can set it to 0.25x, 0.5x, etc., but the playback is always 1:1 speed.  What am I doing wrong?  Can anyone please help me?

0 Kudos