Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Xfinity Beta app - TVAPP-00116

My Roku stick is getting power and trying to turn on a show from the Xfinity Beta app which I use every day.  I am getting the error above when it is trying to turn on a show.  It is going to the guide so I can scroll what is on so I know it is connected to wifi.  Not sure what the problem is.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Level 21

Re: TVAPP-00116

You will need to contact Xfinity for assistance with their channel. Roku has nothing to do with the development of that channel. From what I've heard from other users, Xfinity isn't doing much to make it work.

If you are having issues with more than just the Xfinity channel, please be more specific about what problem you are having, and exactly what version of Roku Stick you have. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Same issue here. Just started around 10 AM eastern. News channels, CNN, Fox, etc all with error. HBO is fine. Same with CBS and most others. Have rebooted and still have issues. I’m assuming it’s a Comcast issue, but not sure. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Does it on ALL channels for me.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Ditto. The Xfinity representative didn't seem to know what in the world I was talking about. Like I was speaking a foreign language or something. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I can watch Hulu and other channels just not cable channels or main network channels.  So frustrating 

0 Kudos
Level 21

If you're still talking about problems solely within the Xfinity app, they're the only ones that can assist. And yes, most of their customer service people probably won't have a clue. Xfinity has labeled that channel as beta for years, and I don't think they have any interest in actually making it work.

When channels on a Roku device act up, what can sometimes help is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (don't skip this step) and then add the channel back in. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

I have the same error with the televisions in my house but what I did was use the xfiniti application on my phone and using the data (without internet) of the phone to watch CNN and I have no problem now

0 Kudos
Level 7

Yes, mine just started having this issue / error this morning.  I can get all the other major channels on the Xfinity Beta app OK but for some reason all the news "cable" channels; CNN, Fox Business, Fox, MSNBC etc. are not streaming.  Must be an Xfinity issue since I can get everything else OK.  I've heard Xfinity has no sense of urgency to fix these issues since ROKU eliminates the revenue Xfinity gets from renting you the cable boxes.  Screw Xfinity, they are thieves to charge you $10 a month for a fricking box.  I wish they'd at least kiss me first!   

0 Kudos
Level 7

My experiences in dealing with Comcast over the phone have been horrendous to say the least.  BUT....I’ve been using @ComcastCares on Twitter with VERY good results. Smarter, better trained people.  I sent a note about today’s issue (00116) and they got back to me in minutes saying there was a service issue they were working on in the area.  Just checked (12:15 pm eastern) and the problem channels are now up and working.  Will check again later and will post if the problems came back.  Good luck!

0 Kudos