Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shilo_arcata52
Reel Rookie

Won't Pause

I have Roku on both my TVs and for the last several days it will not pause. Whether I'm watching something on Netflix or Hulu or prime videos or CW. I hit pause, it pauses for maybe 5 seconds and then continues. I have tried hitting pause many times and it's always the same. I click pause, it pauses three or four seconds and then continues playing I hit pause again it pauses three or four seconds and continues playing. Calling Roku is useless. And so far any kind of support online has been useless. I sincerely hope someone has an answer to help me with this.

11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Won't Pause

Settings > System > About

What is the Roku model number? What is the Roku OS number?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
shilo_arcata52
Reel Rookie

DBDukes Re: Won't Pause

I'm extremely technologically challenged. How do I know the OS number and or the model number and or the serial number??

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: Won't Pause

You see my previous response? Where put Settings > System > About

That means on the main menu of your Roku, you select Settings. Then from the stuff that comes up next, you select System. Then, from the stuff that comes up next, you select About.

So, go to Settings > System > About and you'll see the information I suggested. And if you read what I wrote again, you'll see I said nothing about a serial number. Roku may ask you for it if these initial steps don't work, but right now, it's not needed. I'm another user, just like you, and like most of the people here. We an usually help each other through issues, but if not, Roku people will be able to step in.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Marjo33
Reel Rookie

Re: Won't Pause-Same! Any advice

I am having the same issue. Did you get this figured out? This is very frustrating! When calling Roku, did you get any help? Besides turn off the device.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Marjo33 You need to provide the same information that was asked above. We need to know the Roku model number (not its name) and the version of the operating system. It's going to be version 10.something. 

I've been playing YouTube on my Ultra 4800 for the past couple of hours, and I paused playback a number of times. It never resumed without me taking action. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Marjo33
Reel Rookie

Model is 4800X and software is a 10.5.0. I did a factory reset this morning. Maybe that will work. 

When I pause it, the screen will pause but the talking still continues. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Marjo33

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SteenAnn
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problems comment here's all the information you asked for.

Device model: 3920X - Ruku Premiere

Serial number: YH006M430886

Device ID: K43036430886

Software version: 10.5.0 • build 4201-91

0 Kudos
atc98092

@SteenAnn what channel(s) is this occurring with?

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos